Reflections is an annual, national arts competition, developed by the national PTA. Pre-K through 5th grade create works of art, based on the annual theme, in one (or more) of several categories. The entries are then judged against peers’ work, progressing from the school competition to county level through the state and national levels. Entries are judged not just on artistic skill, but on how well the theme is interpreted.
For additional information on the Reflections program, visit the Georgia PTA Reflections website.
For more info contact Shannon at +16788747502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the theme?
The Reflections theme for 2021-2022 is “I Will Change The World by…“
What are the categories?
Students are invited to compete in the following categories:
- Dance Choreography
- Submit an original choreographed dance recorded on a DVD.
- Dance Choreography entry information
- Submit a film production that is an original work of fiction or nonfiction relating to the current Reflections Program theme. Entries may be with or without sound.
- Film entry Information
- Submit an original work of 2,000 words or fewer. Your entry must not contain any copyrighted work. Literature entries may be a work of fiction or nonfiction. Prose, poetry, and drama are all accepted.
- Literature entry information
- Music Composition
- Submit a music composition for voice, instruments, or a combination of voice and instruments. The composition is not to exceed five minutes.
- Music entry information
- Submit an original black-and-white or color image (produced by a photographic process) relating to the current theme.
- Photography entry information
- Visual Arts
- Submit an original print, drawing, painting, collage, photographic collage, metal etching or punch work, fiber work, or computer-generated artwork that relates to the Reflections theme.
- Visual Arts entry information
- Special Artists Division
- Students who identify as having a disability and may receive services under IDEA or ADA: Section 504 may enter in the Special Artist Division or grade division most closely aligned to their functional abilities. See Official Rules for details
- Special Artists Division Rules
How do I Enter?
Pick up a PTA Reflections Program packet in the front entrance of the school that contains all necessary program information, rules, guidelines and deadlines.
Drop off all artwork and entries at the Front office on Friday, October 29, 2021, 7:30 to 8:15 am.
Checklist for all entries:
- Packing done according to guidelines
- Completed entry forms according to guidelines
- All artwork titled with a completed artist statement
- Please see information packet for any sizing guidelines
- Print the information packet or pick one up from the school
Questions? Contact Shannon Spillett at the school.
Who will judge the entries?
Qualified individuals in each artistic category from outside Sagamore Hills Elementary will judge the entries.
DeKalb County winners:
- Olivia Spillett (2nd grade), Photography
- Taylor Smith-Ware (5th grade), Visual Arts
Region 1 & 2 Council of PTAs winners:
- 1st place
- Covin Washington (5th grade), Photography
- Cara Gardiner (kindergarten), Visual Arts
- 2nd place
- Riley Powe (5th grade), Literature
- Covin Washington (5th grade), Dance Choreography
- Reed Barker (kindergarten), Visual Arts
- 3rd place
- Olivia Spillett (1st grade), Photography