Your student uses Accelerated Reader that is part of a software program called Renaissance Place at school. This program has a special feature called Renaissance Home Connect, which you can access outside of school fromany computer with an Internet connection. It allows the teacher, you, and your student to share information about his or her progress in Accelerated Reader (AR).
You can log in to Renaissance Home Connect from any computer with an Internet connection and compatible browser. For a list of compatible browsers, type the following URL in any browser:
User Name: (student number)
Password: (four digit month and day of birthday)
If you’d like to receive emails showing your student’s quiz or test results, click the Email Setup link in Renaissance Home Connect and follow the directions. To be sure these emails reach your inbox, add homeconnectautodelivery@
If you have questions about Renaissance Home Connect, please email Mrs. Brown (Sarah_R_Brown@fc.dekalb.k12.ga.us).
Here are the directions to access our new eBooks.
1. Go to the website http://destiny.dekalb.k12.ga.
2. Click on Sagamore Hills.
3. Click on Login at the top right of the page.
4. Your user name is the letter S followed by your student number. Your password is mydestiny. (Upon logging in, your student’s name will appear in the upper right.)
5. Click on the Catalog tab in the upper left of the page.
6. Find the Material Type drop-down menu (in middle of the page in the search box), and click on Electronic Book.
7. To browse the eBook titles, click the search box (beside the word Find) and press enter/return. (If you’re looking for a specific title, you can enter the title in the search box before hitting enter/return.)
8. Click on Read It next to a title you want to read.
9. Click on Open to read the book.