Come and dance the night away in your best 50’s gear. It is held in the gym. Dancers pay at the door. There will be refreshments for sale.
October 25, 2019. The Talent Show director is our own Mr. Bowen Hoadley. Please be on the lookout for more information coming home in flyers soon!
Saturday, April 27, 2019 Doors Open 6:30 PM | Trivia Starts 7:00 PM Briarcliff Wood Beach Club 1830 Morris Landers Drive
- Sagamore Hills Elementary PTA’s 2018-2019 spring fundraiser is the 2nd annual Trivia Night!
- This year Trivia Night is hosted by TEAM TRIVIA
- Get your friends together and reserve a table (max 8 per table), or just show up and make new friends!
- Prizes given out
- Keg provided, BYO snacks/drinks
- Fantastic raffle prizes available for purchase
- Sagamore Perks
- Principal for a Day
- Cafeteria Royalty
- Parking Spot for PTA Events
- 4 Front Row Seats at Graduation
- Local Businesses
- Gift Baskets
- Relaxation (sponsored by pre-k)
- Rainy Day arts & crafts (sponsored by k)
- Pool Party (sponsored by 1st)
- Take It Outside (sponsored by 2nd)
- Gift Cards Galore (sponsored by 3rd)
- Video Gamer’s paradise (sponsored by 4th)
- ATL’s sports/tailgating (sponsored by 5th)
- Sagamore Perks
I’m going to Trivia Night!
- Buy Trivia Night tickets and raffle tickets now; select how many of each you’d like after you “Add to Cart”
- Pickup your raffle tickets at Trivia Night and enter the raffles of your choice
|$240 Trivia Night Full Table for 8, Saturday April 27, 2019, 6:30 pm|
|$30 Trivia Night Ticket, Saturday, April 27, 2019, 6:30 pm|
|$5 Raffle Ticket|
I just want a chance to win (and support the school)!
- Buy raffle tickets now; select how many of each you’d like after you “Add to Cart”
email@example.com, listing which raffles you’d like to enter
|$5 Raffle Ticket|
I just want to support the school!
Your donation does great things for our students, thank you!
|Donate to the Sagamore Hills Elementary PTA Enrichment Fund|
Mary Poppins had a great run at Sagamore Hills Elementary!
Images from 2017-2018 STEM Night at Sagamore Hills Elementary:
Thursday, Feb 8, 2018, 6:30–7:00 pm, at Sagamore Hills Elementary, enjoy a free evening with your family experiencing hands-on STEM activities, including:
- Touch animals from 5 kingdoms
- Build a musical instrument
- Watch a dog find you by smell
- Find bones in owl pellets
- Kids vs parents math competition
- Extract DNA
- and much, much more!
March 24, Saturday, 6–10pm
Briarcliff Wood Beach Club
Tickets are $30/person in advance ($40 at the door) – advanced ticket sales close 10 pm on Friday March 23rd! After 10 pm, please plan to buy your tickets at the door. ONLINE TICKET SALES HAVE NOW CLOSED – BUY YOUR TICKETS AT THE DOOR!
Open to any adult who loves Sagamore!
Can’t make the Auction, but still want to support Sagamore? Donations of any size directly benefit students—thank you!
- Auction Preview HERE
- Full Auction Catalog – to come!!
School experiences for auction
- 5th grade graduation front row seats for 4
- Picnic and Bunnies with Mrs. Nelson
- Bowling with Mrs. Spencer and Mrs. Moehlich
- Story time and an activity in the library with Mrs. Manzi
- Board Game Party with the First Grade team
- Night in with Coach E and Mrs. Patterson
- Principal for the day
- Cafeteria Royalty for the day
- Ring the bell on the last day of school
- Read the morning announcements on last day of school
- Game Party with Mrs. Turner
- 3d printing with Mr. Barnes
- front row seats to the Winter holiday concert for 4
- Front row at spring play
- Spa Afternoon with Ms. Jones, Ms Pickrell and Mrs Cuadle for 6
- Custom artwork by each grade
Sagamore Showcase of Stars 2017!
When: Friday, November 10th, Curtain call is at 7pm
Where: Sagamore Hills Elementary School Cafeteria
How Much: Cost: $2 (cash or check at the door) Bring your Sagamore Hills Community Card and 1 adult gets in free! Performers are Free!
Food: Yes, concessions will be sold.
A presentation of a banner was held August 16th to formally recognize the partnership between Mercer University and Sagamore Hills Elementary School. Dr. R. Stephen Green, Superintendent, Mr. Marshall Orsen, DeKalb School Board member, and Mr. Trenton Arnold, Regional Superintendent, joined us for this recognition and celebration. Dr. Kelly Reffitt and Dr. Deb Rosenstein from Mercer University presented the banner and spoke of the partnership and benefits of working with pre-service teachers at Sagamore Hills Elementary School.
Sagamore Hills, Sagamore Hills, How Does Your S.T.E.M. Garden Grow?
It grows with an outpouring of loving support from enthusiastic students, dedicated volunteers, vested community members, and generous sponsors. This beautifully eclectic group makes for the best garden family…which I am so proud to be a member. Together we each played our parts in making the expected HUGE Spring Garden Planting more successful than imagined. It all began with having our tough, coarse soil freshly tilled into a loose, fine consistency. Mr. John Miller and Mrs. Lynn Douglas freed our Garden Club Member’s from this daunting task by taking care of it ahead of time. Then came an ENORMOUS herb, flower and vegetable plant donation from new Assistant Store Manager, Mr. Chad Meetre , and Store Manager, Mr. Shawn Brooks, at The Home Depot in Decatur. This gifting was enough to fill a vehicle trunk and cargo bed to capacity. Sagamore’s Head Custodian, Mr. Zellner, was kind enough to assist in the pickup and delivery process of these delectable items. We got beans, greens, potatoes, tomatoes…YOU NAME IT-we got it, and then some!
miller tilling, tilling, home depot donation, custodian zellner
But, the excitement didn’t stop there. The ASA students and morning bus riders, along with creative support from Paraprofessional-Mr. Gardner and Kitchen Staff Members-Ms. Leonard and Ms. Shade, custom designed extra-large paint sticks to label each plants place in the garden. During the actual planting, our 130 plus Jr. and Sr. S.T.E.M. Garden Club membership took care of the gardening business at hand. Students channeled their energy into digging deep holes, perfectly positioning, gently covering and snugly patting each plant into their nutrient rich new homes in the soil. Seeing all of our garden beds over flowing with new life was a sight to behold.
kitchen staff labels, planting, garden beds
To continuously meet the watering demands of our thriving garden program we “have stepped up our rainwater harvesting game”. Or at least that is what Engineer and Georgia Tech alumnus, Mr. Richard Hanson, owner of Georgia Water Tanks and his assistant Eric said as they recently installed our 5,000-gallon Cistern. What is a CISTERN you may ask? It is a ginormous above ground rain barrel with pressurized pumping mechanisms. This amazing donation was made possible through our continued partnership with The Captain Planet Foundation and was funded by a grant from the Georgia Aquarium…we are taking High-Tech into the garden!
Having this Eco-friendly watering system totally aligns with the academic curriculum we teach (Ancient Greek and Roman History), S.T.E.M designs we create (Low-Flow Shower Heads) and environmental consciousness we foster (Reduce-Reuse-Recycle) in every grade-level at Sagamore Hills Elementary School. It didn’t take long for our inventive students to engineer a way to get the Cistern water to the more deprived areas beyond its reach…enter wagons and watering cans. Real-World S.T.E.M. application people!
Retired DCSD Teacher, Master Gardener and Sagamore Community Member, Mrs. Betsy Razza summed up the impactful experience best by paying this tremendous compliment to our program, “It was wonderful to see the enthusiasm of the children as they planted the vegetables. Sagamore Hills provides the children with a sense of accomplishment, ownership and an appreciation of nature.”
Many hands and hearts went into making this year’s Spring S.T.E.M. Garden planting an awe-inspiring success from start, finish and beyond.
Mrs. Tasha L. J. Messer